Who we are
Foundation 4 Heroes is a 501c.3 nonprofit organization that inspires hospitalized children, teaches children how to be a hero in their community and supports Veterans.
The president organized his first hospital trip in Syracuse, NY as WWE wrestlers in 1989. Thirty years later the idea came around again. F4Heroes was founded by parents in 2014 who realized how fortunate we were to have healthy families. We wanted to create a way to embrace children, and their families, who have a child facing medical issues, and support them.
Our motto is “Even Heroes Need a Hero” and that is a testament to the fact that the children we interact with, many struggling with terminal diseases and the loving families that support their fight, have proven time and time again that they are the real Heroes – with immeasurable strength and fortitude.
We also visit, support and thank Veterans and Wounded Warriors, and their families, for their courage, service and sacrifice.
We dress in costumes from comics, movies and more to bring smiles to children, parents and veterans. We are 100% volunteer. We support many local events in St. Mary’s County, Calvert County and hospitals throughout MD, DC and beyond.
How We Support The Community:
· Visit Johns Hopkins, Children’s Hospital, Walter Reed National Military Hospital, Medstar St. Mary’s Hospital, Calvert Memorial, George Washington Hospital, Medstar National Rehabilitation Center of Washington DC and more
· USO Christmas Party for over 500 Wounded Warriors and their families. We brought over 1000 Superhero capes and masks
· Washington DC Make A Wish Event for Kaheem who wanted to be a Superhero for a day
· Help raise money for Wounded Warriors and their camp for children with amputations
· Children’s National Advocacy for Care yearly celebration
· Collect holiday gifts for Toys for Tots, as well as, toys, books and pajamas with Exelon and deliver them to multiple major hospitals
· Annual Washington Nationals Trip where we bring a busload of veterans to a ball game and provide hats, jerseys, tickets, food and even on field recognition
· National Cancer Survivor’s Day at MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital and Walter Reed National Military Hospital
· Lay holiday wreaths at the Arlington National Cemetery
· Superhero themed prom night for Mechanicsville Veteran’s Home
· Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team vs NFL televised game in Bowie
· Arnold Schwarzenegger Kids Expo
· Handing out candy for St. Mary’s FOP
· Support St. Mary’s County Easter Egg Hunt, Soup Kitchen, Price for Freedom, BBQ Fest, SoMD Oyster Fest, Cash Bash, Blessing of the Fleet
· Finished “Are You Ready To Be A Hero” coloring book for kids teaching children fire safety, stranger danger and ways to make them a better person and hero within their community
· Trunk or Treat at Exelon Calvert Cliffs to benefit families that don’t have enough food
· Spoke at several elementary schools about bullying, kindness and how to “Be A Hero”
· Johns Hopkins Turtle Derby and Radiothon
· First Fridays in Leonardtown
· Visited Dream Street in LA for terminally-ill children
· And we’re just getting started
How You Can Help:
Your tax deductible donations help us get to the children that need inspiration and support, bring us to community events, provides us the ability to travel to hospitals and schools, visit and thank Veterans, bring Veterans to baseball games, donate money to the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team, purchase and repair costumes, produce our “Be A Hero” coloring book, bring gifts and much more.
Donations can be made out to: Foundation 4 Heroes and mailed to Foundation 4 Heroes, 23127 Three Notch Road, Suite 203, California, MD 20619, or made directly on this website through Paypal. Please contact us with questions at either: info@F4Heroes.com or call 844-F4Heroes.
Together, with support from the community, organizations, companies, and you; we believe that we can enrich the lives of everyone touched by the Foundation 4 Heroes and make a difference today. You can help.